I'M PRETTY SURE THIS REALLY HAPPENED

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

LOLSPAIN: ten days

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Spain was like this:

Sunday: JK takes us to the airport. Conrad and I fly on different flights, so I wait for him at VLC. While I'm waiting, I figure out the Metro, buy tickets that will get us near our apartment. I wait and wiat. No cell phones in Espana. So, after keeping waiting, I think we've missed each other, and I decide to meet him at Home Base. Take the Metro to our neighborhood. Arrive during siesta. Carry my bags to HB, but no sign of Conrad. Wait and waitn and wait in the neighborhood, employ an elaborate system of notes to direct Conrad to my hotel. Check in. Spend 10 Euro trying to call people. There's a carnival outside my hotel room and I can't sleep, and also can't figure out how to work the lights. No where will let me buy food with my Visa.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I am sad and alone in Spain.
Fall asleep after a Spanish dubbed episode of the OC. Wake up around 11 and C is outside, and has found my hotel room! YES! We drink and watch Spanish tv. Sleep in 'til check out.

Monday: We move to our apt. Siesta. Another series of notes and we find M & A. We see the city a little, cook, drink wine and we watch LOST en Espanol.

Tuesday: We sleep a mllion. Grocery shop. Drink 2E bottles of wine and explore Valencia on foot.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
We go to the modern art museum.

Later, Conrad walks into a glass door at HB.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Hard.
A dirty boy with a mohawk says he likes my (doggie) eyes, and asks Andy to "trade girlfriends", steps in dogshit and somehow put a peanut into my mouth. Andy tells me not to eat it, and we sucessfully avoid him for the rest of the night.

Wednesday: More of the same and we're sleeping a million, eathing, drinking, learning the tiny crooked streets. Things are closed all the time for holidays.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We rent bikes and take super great bike rides. Go out to eat.

Thursday: Conrad picks up our addition, Nick. A & I ride all over. A, M & I go eat tapas in a cave.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It pours rain, and we're wetter than we've ever been. We go home, drink wine, watch Sunny 'til we cant' anymore.


Friday: C & N wake early to play Magic, but it's been rained out. They return and we watch Spainish tv. We play cards during the day, and go to the Carmen at night to scope out parties. Find a fllier that looks like it might be Making Time. We go out for tapas again, and try to hit the club around 11. Oops Serious clubs in Valencia don't open 'til 1:30pm or later. We hang out at the harbor. Return to "the Mill" Drink a million 7E drinks. We dance with foreign boys and sparkly girls.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

People want their picure taken with us. We're denied (!) 3x to go to the upstairs room, it seems only the trashiest euro kids get in. We dance 'til 6. Take 2 taxis home. A, M & I sleep so hard. C & N get up early for Magic.

Saturday:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A, M & I walk through the city.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

See churches, eat Doner Kabob. See tiny cat houses.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Buy awesome America themed tattoos that we wear to clubs later.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Stop and see C play Magic, and it's everything we expected. We go to bars at night, everyone wants us to speak French. Foreign boys are confusing: A's new friend actually wanted to go home with us, not Andy. Pass. More bars, walk home, drinks, get Sunny.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Sunday: A & M fake leave. C & I do one last lap around the city, try to find the beach. City is too big for our tired feet. Come home and find a note from Crowleys, their train is full. We find them, siesta, dinner. C & I stay up super late watching movies and cleaning the apartments. The amount of recylcling we've accumlated is both astonishing and expected. We get to the airport at 5 or something, along with a million Magic boys.

Monday: I get a new flight which allows for a 28 hour layover (!) in Madrid. Check my bags, start dating the luggage locker boy. I see Madrid.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Learn a whole new Metro.

Tuesday: Spent most of the day at the Madrid airport. It's cold and huge. Spend the morning writing down what happened in Spain.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Lessons learned:
1. Euros are a trick.
2. Siesta is for real.
3. Boys all have this haircut with short hair in the front, dreadlocks in back. Terrible but grows on us.
4. The rain in Spain does NOT stay mainly in the plains.
5. Super cheap to drink in, super expensive to drink out.
6. Spanish television just won't make sense.
7. I love Beach House (thanks JB?). And Sunny.
8. Anybody who told me that everyone speaks English in Spain is a LYING LIAR.
9. Things without cellphones and computers aren't so bad. 10 days? NBD.
10. We still like Philly.

2 comments:

sarah said...

i like when you say "i want for conrad in valencia" and you forgot the part where you lose a bet to me and now owe me ten dollars.y

Bangs said...

haha (I'll fix it). and shhh.