I'M PRETTY SURE THIS REALLY HAPPENED

Monday, October 1, 2007

END OF AN ERA.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1. Saturday morning, Eric and I ran into a group of forty or fifty children in Clark Park running around with capes, shields, and rubber swords. They were having a battle. Some of them were not children -- more like approaching 30 -- and some of them were very, very young. They hit each other for real, and at one point I saw a guy with a beard whack a nine-year-old girl on the side of the head with his sword.

2. E's secret car!

3. D calling me "Texty Ruxpin."

3. Sing-alongs on the porch? The "Everybody Sings Whatever They Want at the Same Time Game"? I don't remember these, but they sound plausible. Also plausible: me saying it made me feel like Christmas.

4. Conrad: "I have never slept in your bed." Me: "Let's keep it that way."

5. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Charging five dollars to figure out the maze on my sweatshirt.

6. Charging forty-five dollars for me to tell you where to start the maze.

7. Everyone on my street ordering cabs at the same time.

8. Showing up to Silk City yesterday, having gone every day since Thursday forgetting or being too lazy to pick up my bike, which I left locked to the top of the fence around the future beer garden, and dreading finding it gone. Getting there and, indeed, finding it gone. Crying inside a little bit. Suddenly remembering to look up the street and, yes, seeing it where I left it after we left the RUBA that night and drunkenly went on and on about how I shouldn't leave it locked to the top of the fence because I would end up leaving it there all weekend and then it would be gone.

9. Sarah thinks I am worse at secrets than Conrad.

10. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Why am I so excited about this?

No comments: