I'M PRETTY SURE THIS REALLY HAPPENED

Friday, November 2, 2007

SHALLOWE'EN



1. Gary's Rihanna had me fooled.

2. Jo's Mary-Kate: "It hurts. It hurts. God, I'm so rich. It hurts."

3. Celebritywe'en 2K7: Courtney Love, Rihanna, Lagerfeld, Mr. T, Slash, Akon, Dougherty, Terry Richardson, Alf, Chewbacca, Gene Simmons, Mary-Kate, Siouxsie Sioux, a million Winehouses, David Bowie, Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick, Prince, Wes Anderson characters, etc. I'm glad I didn't go as the Macy's Gift Card Virus, because two other people did. Big props to doggy-eyed "Sue," complete with chemical burns and glowsticks.

4. Pun-stumes: Genna's Golddigger (that's a shovel in her hand); Booby Trap (mouse traps on the girl's boobs); my favorite, the guy who had a gift tag around his neck that said: "TO: WOMEN FROM: GOD"

5. Everyone asked me all night if I knew that I had blood under my nose.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
6. Now I get the weird phenomenon of photoblogging: when you walk around taking random pictures of people, everybody wants to be your friend. Kind of fun, definitely pretty pathetic.

7. When we got to Silk, people kept telling me, "You missed it!" I think they were talking about the band. But seriously, people, please don't ever, ever say this phrase to me. It freaks me right out.

8. The RUBA bartender shines flashlights in the DJs' eyes when he wants them to turn the music down.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
9. "Top Model"/"GG" "recap episodes? NOT funny. A kitchen counter full of liquor and champagne bottles that look suspiciously like those used on airline flights? YES funny.

10. At the end of the night, when Marilyn and I went into Genna's to get our bags, for some reason, everyone followed us in. Like ten people. All the way up the stairs. Two people yelled a lot about drugs. Then we all went back down and went home.

No comments: