I'M PRETTY SURE THIS REALLY HAPPENED

Sunday, November 18, 2007

DEAR 10 FUNNY,

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm sorry. You give and give, and all I do is take. I promise, baby, I'll try harder. You're gonna feel how much I love you.

BARBARY OPENING NIGHT

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This was a case of suspicious advertising turning out to be, simply, dead-on. That sound system is pretty great after all, you can get dangerously drunk on ten dollars, and on the very first night, I had what will henceforth be known as a "Barbary moment;" I can already tell. I drunk-dance-bothered a very not gay boy--in front of his girlfriend, no less--to such an extent that he bitch-slapped my face and said "No." As in, you know, No means no. Oh man, I've been hating myself for two days. But I'm sure it'll be funny (at least to me) in like a year, right? Sometimes, sadly, you just can't call it gay-bashing. I'm already getting the feeling that that's just the Barbary's scene.

Also:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
- Heather is my favorite dancer. Make eye contact with that girl when she's dancing, and she'll make you feel like it's your birthday and also Valentine's Day, and the king of Cotton Candyland has made you Rocky for the day and wants you to be his daughter. Fist pumps! Hand-showers! The biggest smile ever!

- Hey-Dawg. I love that man. I did not fire him. But I did buy him a beer.

- Stages are for storing jackets.

- Gallmans are for drinking airline bottles of whiskey with in the car.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
- It's like it's 2005 or 2006 all over again: the Androgynous, High-Heeled Leather Cyberparty DJ is baaaaack. I'm ready for that again, too. OK fine, secretly, I've always been ready for that.

-Old-school rock and roll, rhythm and blues, Motown soul, etc. were established here as the theme of the weekend. And I think I'm ready for it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
- And of course there was the infamous cell phone debacle. I swear, people, I may have over-texted, but for real, my phone was sending messages on a six-hour delay! And I think all night, I was getting your six-hour-late texts and responding to them, drunk and confused.

Or maybe I just sent a million texts...

MAKING TIME

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
1. The aforementioned old-school booty-shakin' rock and roll.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
2. I was the only one doing the Twist for a minute, and then I looked around the room and found my sister like fifty feet away, doing the Twist. Then we Twisted for the rest of the song with each other, across the room. I love her so much.

3. Mar: "I am in love with your boyfriend. In the best way possible."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
4. Veggie bar. I tried to make it happen, but Eric was just not having it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
5. Fake moustaches look way better on girls than on boys. And way better on Lauren than on most girls.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
6. Attack of the swing dancers? Did that really happen???

7. Sarah fell on her ass over and over. Then the Christopher became really popular while she tried to explain to everyone that she'd been falling on her ass -- the Christopher being the move where you depress someone's tragus in a club so they can hear you talking. All of a sudden we were all doing it a lot.

8. Still, still, still too good. All weekend. Also, staying sober-ish still makes for the best--and funniest--MTs. It's nice to know some things will never change.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
9. Making up dances based on things you'd rather not talk about.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
10. It turns out Eric and I are really good at fighting with asshole cab drivers...or was that the night before? Oh, it doesn't matter. Our love is timeless.

Just like yours and mine, 10F.


Seriously, 10F - I love you. See you next weekend (i.e., on Wednesday).

1 comment:

ohsolasa said...

Wait....mustache? Oh dear.....oh dear me.