I'M PRETTY SURE THIS REALLY HAPPENED

Friday, November 30, 2007

the gang gets over Silk City?

In lieu of TFT, here's just a quick overview of the night (maybe pictures soon too? maybe not):

1. The movies. You don't need to pay for movies if you know the right people (FXF, Joe, Mo, Nick? Eternal thanks, for real). So, I was going to see that Bob Dylan thing last night at 10, but got a little carried away at Target, didn't get to my house 'til 10, and we were for sure going to miss the beginning (which is worst ever), so decided not to go. Got a text that they were waiting for us to get there before starting the movie.
Oops.
But srsly, Fran. Thanks for making me feel important (or...something).

2. Silk City. I took a minute off and quit for like two weeks. Last night we came back in full effect and found:
a. SA, his hoodie, and his 3 friends took over our (giant) booth leaving us (perhaps too) cozy, next one over,
b. the music got kind of lame (right, M?)
c. all the girls got highlights and sparkly shirts,
d. and all the boys wore their c.2k6 keffiyeh ('cause they're so mad at the Israelis?) - it hasn't come back yet. Keeping waiting.

Let's find a new scene or something. It's too cold at night to cross Market let alone Spring Garden. Let's save our dancing for Making Time, and walk to Pope the rest of the nights? I heard they got couches/let's sit on them.

3. Lessons. Sarah forgot her id.
a. Knowing Tony a little doesn't really cut it. I think he made some comment about how they'd let her in at Chuck E. Cheese, maybe she should try there.
b. Conrad is super nice and will drive your friend all the way home and back to get that ID for round two.


4. Neighbors. I'm glad Andy doesn't get tired of 1536, and that Conrad isn't too tired of us yet either: it's only been, well, it hasn't been any time at all really, you don't even live there yet. I also liked both the pre-Silk and post-Silk parts of the night better than the middle. Not that the middle was terrible (like a million funny things happened...) but it left something to be desired (See #2).

5. Jay Kolos. I don't really understand why he doesn't hang out with us more. Everyone (mostly Andy, but a little bit everyone else too) gets so excited when he shows up someplace. I also like the new plan where he comes down to our house to be our fourth because Andy doesn't play. This also frees Andy up for baking and drink making: just the way we like it.

6. Rob. Conrad always makes it seem like it's impossible to get Rob to do something - when in reality the phone call goes like this:
"Hey Rob, Conrad said you're being dumb and won't go to Silk City. Will you go?"
"Yeah, okay, I'll see you there soon."
"K, bye."


7. Mondaze. Speaking of Rob, let's study up and hit his Quizzo for real. I probably won't be good at it, but I slipped him a couple category ideas. It could be our new Monday. And maybe Monday will be our new Thursday? Especially if it ends in another state with one dollar bowling, one dollar drinks, and one dollar food. Sign me up.

8. "MY HEART IS PURE, MOTHERFUCKER!"

9. Making Time: what happened to your flier? Sorry about it. The last one with the flowers was so nice...and now what? Anyway, let's put it in our g-cals, it's been good lately.

10. I'm so tired of not hearing. Let's find a Miracle Cure - and fast.

4 comments:

PithySarcasm said...

I left Silk for a better party before you even got there, so I can't argue that Silk may be over.....

Ahhh, memories.

Bangs said...

You win one million scene points, for knowing better than us.

christophresh said...

silk was extra-LA last night: sparkly shirts and highlites, and even, TANS. Even I don't have a tan right now, and I AM PART ETHNICAL so I get dark. (the first time I type tans, it came out 'tnas', which is also totally true of last night)

sarah said...

even?

also, i like when sue says "conrad will drive your friend all the way" like i dont know conrad. conrad who? oh sue's friend conrad who gave me a ride home to get my id one time. oh yeah i met that guy.

also, sue is naked and i scared her.