I'M PRETTY SURE THIS REALLY HAPPENED

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fine Dining

so because ruby tuesday's is going to be casual fine dining after we put up new pictures on the walls - bigger ones, and way less of them - earnest took the management team out to 'the prime rib' for restaurant week. and the management team meant me, other sarah, and jess. not devrick or brandon or sean. they are not fun.

oh yeah i just remembered something. yesterday at work they started the manager meeting without me and when they sent someone to get me to join them i sent the message they didn't need to worry about it, i'de sit this one out. i was mad. earnest and sarah apologized and explained but later when jess tried to talk to me i told her i thought it was really fucked up of her to suggest having the meeting without me because i was needed on togo. She laughed and said 'i did not do that.' i didn't laugh. 'that's fucking shitty jess, i'm serious, i'm mad about it.' "why do you think i said that!?" 'sarah and earnest told me' "well we can go ask them right now about it because i definitely didn't say that." 'fine, lets go.' she stands in front of me and asks why they would have told me that. sarah and i look at each other - she is sort of smiling. i start laughing. jess turns around "your a bitch, why would you make me think such a thing" and i realize she is crying. red red eyes and full streaming tears.

ok. so last night i had 9 glasses of wine. my boss was really impressed at how well i could hold my liquor. he and i were the not drunk ones. the other girls had four drinks each. the manager bought us a bottle. everyone there knows earnest. he is a very intimidating 7ft tall 300lb man. i want him to be my best friend. (two nights ago at work this girl that i hate. HATE. got a condom and two dollars as a tip. he said "maybe if you didn't walk around looking like such a whore you wouldn't get that shit") anyway he had probably 5 Heineken's and 5 or 6 glasses of wine. he said he couldn't decided which taste he loved more. he told the girls they couldn't drive. only cab it, and sarah had to stay at jess's. he tried to convince me to take the subway but i told him i was ok and my scooter couldn't stay overnight without be locked. he didn't want me to lose my scooter. he loves it. he said i had to text him when i got home and told me that if i didn't he was going to call sue. i gave him sue's number but told him i was probably a million times more sober than sue. (i had a hunch) anyway. a pizza delivery boy pulled up just as i was about to scoot off the curb. "can you back up please" earnest politely demanded. "i can wait" i said. "no, i don't want to wait and you shouldn't have to wait...he can back up his fucking car for you." the scared boy got back inside his car and backed up. i went home, put on a disney movie, grabbed wine, cigarettes and my cell phone. a few minutes later earnest texted me "i love you too, goodnight" ?????? what???? i looked at my sent messages. i had wrote "earnest i love you times eight million. home safe, justt like i said. nothing like sarah. i am good at drinking i love you."

3 comments:

Bangs said...

Awesome -
shouldn't stuff like this go on your LIVE JOURNAL?

pinchefresco said...

I KNOW THE BEST PEOPLE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD

pinchefresco said...

PS - I'm impressed. I didn't know it took so little work to turn a restaurant into "Casual Fine Dining." I'm going to tell Frank to get smaller pictures for the walls so we can charge for bottle service or whatever.