I'M PRETTY SURE THIS REALLY HAPPENED

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

WEST PHILLY CHICKS ARE ALL ABOUT IT

Just saw these two headlines when I woke up today:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is after the other day, when my mom posted something on Facebook about why I shouldn't be given healthcare. Awesome.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

In better news, last night was Dock Street with Siobhan and Red. Chris D, I wanted to make good on my promise and call you, but now that there's actually stuff to do in my neighborhood and people to do it with, it's really hard to leave. I will, I'll keeping leaving, but for now, I'm nesting. Gimme a few days.

Meanwhile, Red told me he feels like he's known me forever and could tell me anything and called us "New Old Friends." Oh man, the Fishtownies and Soufilly people are NOT going to like that. Well, I warned y'all, hippies happen out here, and sometimes I really like it.

My beer was called the "Man Full of Trouble." I don't know anything about beer, but I think it was good. S&R say they want to be "good at beer." I don't think I care about beer enough to put forth the effort.

I also spent a while earlier talking to Alexis about our raw foods plans and to Clites about Bikram Yoga.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

<3<3<3

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

See you in the dog bowl at Clark Park with our babies and our coffee and our organic granola at the flea market at Dahlak at a basement show! See you while I'm growing my male/female beard and drinkin' fawdies and seeing an anarchist lecture while brewing beer at home and drinking kombucha and doing yoga and going to Penn! See you when I'm shopping at the Second Mile with Carlos and going to a queercore festival with a kissing booth and being a Muslim and riding my bike and stealing a bike! See you at church! See you on my roof while I'm looking at trees and painting faces on my sidewalk and wearing bandannas and eating tofu hoagies and roasting a pig!

I fucking love my hood.

5 comments:

Bangs said...

Leave your hood once in a while. It's a hike and I'm too scared to bike right now. Maybe in a little bit.

s. said...

i plan on spending the summer dropping by the a-space to do some work in the back office on my way back from the clark park farmer's market, then picking up some take-out from lucky's before i start my shift at the co-op, after which i'll head over to dahlak for some drinks on the back deck before it's time to mosh at a danger danger show.

and i would say i'd bicycle to these things, if they weren't all within a couple blocks of my apt.

pinchefresco said...

1. Susie: I promise, of course. How could I miss Soufilly summer things?

2. Siobhan: Right on right on! (Except I'll be honest; I regularly bike to all of those things. I will bike to 47th and Baltimore for a tofu hoagie without hesitating. Does that make me more lazy or less lazy? Discuss.)

christophresh said...

'riding a bike while stealing a bike':
that whole description was epically epic.

pinchefresco said...

Not tryin' to waste my bike time.