I'M PRETTY SURE THIS REALLY HAPPENED

Friday, April 24, 2009

HOW DO I GET...

...my cousins to stop going to Christian music concerts? Or should I stay totally hands-off and let them make the same mistakes I made?




(Can you believe there's a "Christian metalcore" band now called The Devil Wears Prada?)

I saw on Facebook that one of my 18-year-old cousins is going to this Xian music festival. I know that game.

I went to Cornerstone, I spent the entire week NOT getting laid (by a cut-from-marble hippie who stared at me the whole time I was in the shower stall across from him and touched himself, not kidding), NOT doing a dangerous amount of drugs, and NOT flirting with being a hippie before learning why I shouldn't be a hippie.

I could have avoided an 8-year delayed adolescence by going to at least one (1) normal-people music festival, keeping having lots of go-get-it with people, doing dangerous amounts of drugs, and learning why I shouldn't be a hippie.

Although: one of my cousins is moving to Philly for the summer and she's a PARTY ANIMAL, and another one, the 18-year-old, just discovered R5 productions and, well, the R5, so expect to run into her with me at a show sometime soon. She really freaked me out on Easter talking about her favorite band.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Remember these guys? REMEMBER WHEN ONE OF THEM WAS ON ELIMIDATE? Remember when I found their CD at the Kampers' last weekend, along with like 500 other Christian CDs?

I guess even though I stopped bro-ing down with Jesus and started nutting-up with the geighs, it's still OK to listen to some Christians sometimes:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What friends do we have that still "rock for the Lord"? What friends do we have that still "ROCK 4 LIFE"?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Amber Reeves said...

seriously. on so many levels.