I'M PRETTY SURE THIS REALLY HAPPENED

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

BIRTHWEEK

RIVERDECK TONIGHT!!! Oh my god i have been waiting all week. Except for Friday, when I went there AGAIN with Downtown Kimmy Brown. Thanks to everyone for making my 2008 Birthday Season the best ever. Some highlights:

- Chelsea's new name is "Feather"

- "Oh, you got stuck at Transit? That sucks."
"I wouldn't say 'got stuck.' I would say that I was given an opportunity to discover new people." (that would be Dave)

- Nobody would let me buy myself drinks at the Barbary

- The best boyfriend ever took me to the Cantina for my birthday--that's not funny; it's just awesome

- Siobhan told me she had been to the Cantina twice the day before (that's like me and the Riverdeck)

- Huge turnout at the Riverdeck, plus a mass e-mail from the promoter that said "Tonight is Andy Crowley from Rustica's birthday so come out and party with him!!!"

- Woods danced; Josh Ballard danced

- Ben and maybe Chris threw hot wax all over my livingroom

- meeting my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend; liking her

- "My boyfriend's in West Virginia. I HATE WEST VIRGINIA!"
Virginia, turning around: "What??"

- afternoon Riverdecking with Kimmy Brown and Ben; $2 insulated bottles of Bud Light; bad fashion show at F.U.E.L.; scouring the streets for Kimmy's credit card; eating a chorizo taco "Lady-and-the-Tramp" style with Kimmy outside of Johnny Brenda's; during Dan's show, sending texts to Kimmy and Ben telling them to punch each other in the face (you should see Ben; he's covered in bruises); Dan's show being awesome; James Brown.

-Marilyn sent me this on myspace:
some funny recap of last night...

ben gallman mosh pit. i think he was very happy to get that party started.

tommy gets messy: we decide to chug our beers so we can leave for the barbary but halfway thru i've had enough. he cannot accept that and tries to force it on me. i toss the little sip i have left over my shoulder to be funny, and he pours his HALF PINT on my head. woods and ben gallman rescue me. then at barbary he's messier, bumping into everybody. so dave p pours his beer on him. funny.

chris and i walk home and find ourselves in the middle of what seems to be a drug bust. drunken loiterers are told that if they didn't
"walk away, (the "agents") would flatten them too." they say this while kneeling on 2 suspects.


- I was simultaneously at three parties on Saturday and kept biking back and forth, delivering burgers and vodka.

- Faggot water balloon wars.

- Got hit by a car. My front bike wheel bent in half; the woman just kept saying, "I'm not from the city! I'm not from the city!"

- Birthday season officially ended last night with Ricky's birthday. We took him to a terrifying neighborhood bar that opened just for us, with men outside shouting that they "liked our style" and making menacing looks any time they used the bathroom; then we stayed up all night and Ricky, Amelia and I somehow got into an Ella Fitzgerald sing-a-long. They outlasted me, and I biked home and fell asleep, vowing to have a shorter birthday season next year. I'm wiped.

Who am I kidding? See you tonight at the Riverdeck!!!

1 comment:

Bangs said...

So. Just so you know, you can CALL cha-cha to ask them where I am from now on:
1.800.2CHACHA