I'M PRETTY SURE THIS REALLY HAPPENED

Thursday, June 5, 2008

TEXT-SAVER, 6/5 -6/9: HEAT WAVE

I'm not even trying to have a coherent weekend...it's just too much madness to pass up.

(Sorry I haven't really blogged this week; suffice it to say, the best thing that happened was at Snacks at Woody's. Three faux-queens (read: fantastically over-makeupped girls that I LOVED) heard that Sue's getting [dental] implants and told her that was "Awesome" and that she would be so happy afterwards. She talked to them about it for a long time before she realized they thought she meant breast implants. Then she realized they had all had boob jobs. I told her my new favorite band is Susie and the Implants. Otherwise, the main contributions this week made to my life are peach schnapps with blood orange soda and lots of Indiana Jones, not to mention really good quality time with my boyfriend. And Kane and the Undertaker facing off at Rustica.)

THURSDAY (show night):

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Eric and I are leaving in ten minutes to see M.I.A. BITCHES!!! Barbary afterwards for Josh and Matt's party Self-Control with THE FIELD!!!

FRIDAY:

I don't work all day. I'm around; let's take naps in Rittenhouse or something. Call me.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
In the evening, hair-dyeing/80s movie night at Lauren's, then PRESETS at Making Time (Pure). Let's get there early and get real drunk real fast, like in the old days:

(video: "This Boy's In Love" - The Presets)

SATURDAY:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Oh God--Roots Picnic, Best Fest, Odunde, NoLibs Music Fest. I'll be slingin' pizzas until 8; come see me and I'll hook you up. At night:


WHAAAATTT?
Outdoor "The Wizard of Oz" Sing-A-Long on the Great Plaza at Penn's Landing as part of Philly Gay Pride 2K8! I am freaking out! Please, someone, go with me. My boyfriend isn't gay enough to be interested. $5.

Later: I don't know, tell me what to do and I'll be there.

SUNDAY:

G's housewarming, and Pridefest Parade, if I can swing it. At night: Gary's party. Girl is moving next month; let's show her as much love as we can.

PS - On June 9th, if you're in Italy, say "Happy Birthday" to my mom, and if you're in Florida or California, say "Happy Birthday" to Donald Duck.

1 comment:

Bangs said...

you forgot the part where those girls GRABBED MY BOOBS.