I'M PRETTY SURE THIS REALLY HAPPENED

Monday, June 2, 2008

MOUNTAIN PEOPLE

Conrad, Sue and I drove up to my boss's lake house in the mountains this weekend. It was amazing and we're renting it again this summer and taking all of you with us.

Some highlights:

10. Stars.

9. A shake place called "That Shake Place."

8. Holes in the carpet in the shapes of pieces of slate and stone, with the actual pieces of slate and stone in those holes. Also, a deer head. Three fireplaces, two chimeneas, a grill and a fire-pit.

7. DRIVE-IN!!! Double feature: "Indiana Jones" and "Iron Man."

6. We kind of forgot, but the original plan was to ask the locals where to go dancing. You know, in the Poconos.

5. Hanging out in the back of the El Camino, behind the gas station.

4. Paddleboat.

3. Conrad and Sue somehow got me to play cards. I even kind of liked it.

2. We drank so much, morning to night, and didn't even go through all the liquor we brought. Also, it felt like we got away for a whole weekend, but really it was just overnight.

1. Pulled into town around midnight, stopped at the Barbary to say hi to everybody outside. Conrad left the El Camino running. We were there for maybe two minutes, then home. I had so many missed calls when I turned on my phone.

Next time we won't screw up the car situation, and all of you who I really wanted to come will be able to come.

No comments: