I'M PRETTY SURE THIS REALLY HAPPENED

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

RETARDED EYEWEAR

Why do all the stores in CC stop selling sunglasses the first week of fall? The sun's out 7/365 last time I checked (today).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I never spend more than 6 or 7 dollars on shades because I always lose them or break them. Or 1) get drunk at the Barbary 2) wear them on the dance floor (dumb) 3) put them on other people 4) tell them about my rule about other people keeping my clothes if they look better in them and then 5) wake up the next morning wondering where my shades went.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So the paint or vinyl or whatever on my most recent pair of shades started peeling off and I went to five different stores looking for more.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Lots of sales but no shades!!!

Then I sucked in my dignity and headed for Ughrban:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

When I got there, there was a family outside whose daughter had Down Syndrome. They were all fawning over the new shiny gold sunglasses she had just bought. (Fortunately, she wasn't in shuttershades or anything that would make her look, uh, retarded.)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This girl just looked so happy about her sunglasses, not like in some "Sixth Sense" kid/Sean Penn/teary-eyed awards speech faux inspiring way, but like she had just bought these bangin' shades and she wished her family would go away, stop treating her like a retard and leave her alone to go show off a little at Rittenhouse. She didn't look cute and adorable because she's got DS, just cause of those shades!!!

So I went in and bought a pair and spent three times as much as I usually do. It was worth it. Now I know how that girl feels and it is awesome!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just like these but not Ray-Ban and all gold. So cliche and Williamsburgy but I feel challenged!

No comments: