I'M PRETTY SURE THIS REALLY HAPPENED

Friday, May 30, 2008

CAN YOU THINK OF A BETTER MAGICIAN'S NAME THAN "CON-FUCKING-RAD"?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

10. Deborah is French? Is that real?

9. I told J not to go to Delilah's without $200. It was his first time going to a strip joint. Next thing I knew, I turned around and there he was, taking $200 out of the ATM. Good man! Listen, even I have an awesome time at Delilah's. (But not without $200.)

8. Not a funny thing, but a big-up: Congratulations to Dan; apparently the new Women record that came in the mail tonight is awesome. I can't wait to hear it.

7. You work somewhere for three years; the boss's friend, who you've seen five days a week for three years and who runs a restaurant where you used to eat and drink all the time, buys you a drink from across the bar; and that's great. I mean, really, I'm grateful. Thanks, PD. But...really? You told the bartender my name was Rustica? Three years, PD. Three years.

6. Hot on the heels of the Camel Girl who showed up at our house party last week, one of our friends who we haven't seen in a while is now a Camel Girl, and I am going to make her start working our parties.

5. Kevin: Another PBR?
Me: Actually, can I have one of those?
Kevin: What, the vodka tonic?
Me: No, the High Life.
Kevin: (without a trace of irony) Oh, you're moving up in the world!

Speaking of which, I hope he gets this job he wants, but what will we do without our favorite bartender? Go back to Kenny?

4. It's hard to get into the El Camino, because suddenly you're surrounded, and it's like having a basket of babies and puppies, only instead of a big crowd of girls cooing, it's guys making loud whooping sounds like they just got laid or took the best shit of their lives.

3. After they leave, Steve Miller comes up to your car looking really pissed off and says, "Yo, were those guys giving you shit?" Love, people. Love.

2. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to the mountains for the weekend. Except, you know, I don't have a ride, and the car that's going is full without me. And it's my free weekend left over from the Christmas Bonus this year! So I spent the night inviting everyone I knew, and almost everyone had plans. I even met two people and invited them. Not into it.

1. Big news. Potentially, big big news. Would it be wrong of me to divulge the details for #1? How about this: ask Conrad what big giant thing happened tonight at Silk City, and if he acts like he doesn't know what you mean, ask what Diplo's doing on his next tour.

2 comments:

PithySarcasm said...

Three things:
1) Who cares if PD thinks your name is Rustica...we got free drinks:)
2) I was with you and Conrad all night...how do I not know what this big news is?
and 3) Tyrese is 5'10"....not short, but shorter than I thought....so maybe it was him?

pinchefresco said...

5'10 is just about right--I mean, maybe?