I'M PRETTY SURE THIS REALLY HAPPENED

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

BARBECUE, BALLGAMES, BANNED

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The barbecue was an almost-perfect way to spend Memorial Day. Thanks to the entire city of Philadelphia for showing up. Besos.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
10. I missed the part where "Duder" (Christ, that's actually what people call him) robbed our beer. For that, he's banned for life from Beulah II. Revenge, bitches!!!

9. Earlier in the day, when I was coming back from "Da Ac-a-me," I met my neighbor Chico and his wife and mother. Chico was really sweet and offered to lend me his pit bull/chow mix for a week or two so any burglars in the neighborhood would think I had a big scary dog. It got even weirder when he told me that dog is the only one that should ever leave the house, because the other two might kill somebody. Thanks, Chico!

8. Foursquare. Burgers. Beer. Good people. Sunshine. This formula is really starting to work for us.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
7. Sidewalk chalk all over the street? Check. P.S. got a little upset when people started to turn her "abstract experiments" into representational things like cute sea turtles. Oh, lighten up, girl. Mwah.

6. Gary, I'm sorry I started a rumor that you were playing tennis at a country club when you were only playing volleyball at an "airplane pool" (I don't know what that means).

5. Champagne, beer, Bloody Marys, Clamato beer, and vodka-with-melted-green-apple-water ice are a bad combination. Somehow, though, I survived. Just keep 'em comin', folks.

4. I gave beer to the Chinese (?) guys cleaning out the house across the street. They just kept saying, "Thank you very much" over and over again. OK neighbors!!!


3. Another thing I missed: some dude running through the foursquare game, then two cops chasing him? And one of the cops falling on his face in front of my house??? Where the hell was I???

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
2. Seriously, the weirdly broad spectrum of people that showed up makes me feel very happy and loved. Dear old and new friends, Christians, philosophers, the gay mafia, skate rats, and migrant workers, I hope you all had as great of a time as I did. I think we'll do this again soon, probably for my birthday. (And, you know, this time, no beer stealing and no climbing into the neighbor's backhoe, and we should have a perfect day.)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
1. I don't remember Ben coming back, but apparently we watched cartoons until I fell asleep. Woke up at seven the next morning on the couch. Sorry I missed the Barbary! Ah well, next time.

No comments: