I'M PRETTY SURE THIS REALLY HAPPENED

Friday, December 7, 2007

my phone takes pictures

Last night went like this:

We left my house at 6. While usually I'll tell you that South Philly has everything we need on every corner, it's just not true of cabs. We walked to FRONT and WASHINGTON before we found a taxi. But, on the way, we saw this:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

(Ryan thought it said Conrad. Coward is good too, I guess.)

Work party at Spasso. Lots of food and drink. Met a lot of IT kids. They used words like "ztml", and tried to explain the wiki they're building (or something), but had never visited cuteoverload.com, or icanhascheezburger. I mean, that's why we have the internet, right? To look at kittens? It was like they were missing the big picture.

Then Rander and I hit the Barbary. Thanks JNY RDN for putting a PHTBTH (skipping those vowels only works sometimes, but was worth a shot) back in our lives. The one in Kmart at the Gallery takes terrible pictures, and going to the Andy in Pittsburgh for one is Just Too Far.

So, anyway, we're on that couch, waiting for our strips to come out.
R: "I think that boy just took his clothes off in the photobooth".

So, I ask the boy, "Hi. Did you just take your clothes off in the photobooth?"
"Yes."
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"Can I take your picture with your pictures?"
"Yes."

Lastly, in the bathroom:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

If you live in (or have ever been to) South Philly, you probably know "Punk Rock Legend Mikey Wild",
(or maybe you've even comissioned one of his drawings?) and know that this is weird.

No comments: